By accessing or using the SOFT & BUTTER’s website located at softandbutter.com
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Personal Information SOFT & BUTTER. collects about You will depend on the manner in which You access or use the Website or any content on or through the Website and may include:
▪ Your name or contact information, such as Your mailing address, telephone number, or email address, or other similar information associated with You;
▪ Your location, time-zone setting, network information, device type, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform, language, standard web log data, and IP address used to connect Your computer to the Internet or other similar identifier, or the equipment You use to access or use the Website and usage details;
▪ Data on the pages, services, or content You access or use on or through the Website, including the amount of time You spend on certain pages, products or services You viewed or searched for, clickstreams to, through, and from the Website, page response times, downloads and download errors, page interactions, or methods used to browse away from the Website;
▪ Billing or account information, if applicable; and
▪ Any other Personal Information that You choose to submit to us.
The Website and any content provided on or through the Website is not directed to any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law. SOFT & BUTTER will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law.
METHODS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Provided to SOFT & BUTTER by You
Personal Information SOFT & BUTTER collects from You on or through the Website and as a result of Your access to or use of the Website or any content on or through the Website may include Personal Information You provide SOFT & BUTTER directly, for example by:
▪ submitting, posting, publishing, displaying, or otherwise transmitting user-generated
▪ filling in forms, making search queries, or corresponding with SOFT & BUTTER on or through the Website, or otherwise communicating with SOFT & BUTTER by any means including by phone, email, or other electronic messaging; or
▪ if applicable or available through or on the Website: creating or registering for an account; subscribing, purchasing, or requesting information on a service or product; entering a contest or promotion; or otherwise engaging with SOFT & BUTTER through interaction points that might exist from time-to-time between You and SOFT & BUTTER.
Information Collected by SOFT & BUTTER Through Technological Means
▪ the device or equipment You use, including information about Your computer or mobile device, internet connection, IP address, operating system, and browser type; or
▪ Your browsing activities and patterns, including information about Your visits to the Website such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other similar communication data.
This information helps the Company improve the Website and the content available on or through the Website and otherwise improve the services of the Company by:
▪ helping SOFT & BUTTER understand audience sizes and usage patterns on the Website;
▪ allowing SOFT & BUTTER to tailor the Website to Your preferences and interests; and recognizing You when You visit the Website multiple times.
The technologies used by SOFT & BUTTER to automatically collect the information described above may include cookies, which are small files placed on the hard drive of Your computer. You can turn off cookies using Your internet browser but doing so may limit or remove certain parts of the Website, certain content on the Website, or the functionality of the Website.
USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Use of Personal Information by SOFT & BUTTER
SOFT & BUTTER collects Personal Information to provide You with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience through or on the Website or any content on the Website. SOFT & BUTTER may use Your Personal Information to:
▪ provide You with content, services, or products on or through the Website;
▪ customize, measure, and improve the Website or content provided on or through the
Website, or otherwise analyze or manage SOFT & BUTTER business operations or Website performance;
▪ prevent prohibited or illegal activities, loss, or fraud, enforce SOFT & BUTTER Terms of
Use, or otherwise protect the security or integrity of the Website or ’SOFT & BUTTER business;
▪ deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, or promotional offers based on Your communication preferences;
▪ send You things in the mail or through other channels, such as products or services that You have requested; register You for, or authenticate You when You sign into, an account or online services or when You purchase a product or service, or to provide You with notices about such accounts, subscriptions, or purchases;
▪ otherwise fulfill the purposes for which You have provided Personal Information or that
were described when such Personal Information was collected; or
▪ carry out other purposes that are disclosed to You and to which You consent, or which
are otherwise permitted or required by law.
SOFT & BUTTER may combine all the Personal Information SOFT & BUTTER collects, including Yours, in order to analyze and understand aggregate trends.
SOFT & BUTTER may transfer Your Personal Information to third parties that assist SOFT & BUTTER with the use of Personal Information described in “Use of Personal Information by SOFT & BUTTER”, above. Such third parties may combine Personal Information provided by SOFT & BUTTER with other information that they have independently collected from or about You. Some third parties may be located outside of Canada and may accordingly be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
SOFT & BUTTER requires that all third parties that received any Personal Information from SOFT & BUTTER use the same standards as SOFT & BUTTER in using, maintaining, disclosing, and protecting such Personal Information.
SOFT & BUTTER may share or sell aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information to third parties. For clarity,SOFT & BUTTER does not sell Personal Information. SOFT & BUTTER may also share aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Website, or any content, services, or products provided on or through the Website.
Other Disclosures of Personal Information
SOFT & BUTTER may transfer information about You, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency of bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of SOFT & BUTTER business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other changes in corporate control.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
SOFT & BUTTER will provide You with access to Your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, and may decline to provide You access to Your
Personal Information on the basis that such Personal Information is:
▪ protected by solicitor-client privilege; or
▪ part of a legal proceeding, government or regulatory investigation or process, or otherwise part of a formal dispute resolution process.
Where SOFT & BUTTER is unable to provide You with access to Your Personal Information, reasons will be provided subject to any legal or regulatory restriction.
The security of Your Personal Information is important to SOFT & BUTTER protects Your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, or misuse appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information collected by the Company may only be accessed by persons within SOFT & BUTTER who require access to provide You with access to, use of, or content, services, or products provided on or through the Website. The Personal Information SOFT & BUTTER collects is maintained through our eCommerce platform powered by Square.
Although SOFT & BUTTER takes measures to protect against data breaches and unauthorized access to Your Personal Information, no company can completely mitigate the risks of such breaches or unauthorized access and no website is fully secure. SOFT & BUTTER cannot guarantee that hacking, data loss, breaches, or other unsanctioned access of SOFT & BUTTER security systems will never occur. Accordingly, You should not submit or otherwise provide Personal Information to SOFT & BUTTER by any means if You consider that Personal Information to be sensitive.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, SOFT & BUTTER retains Personal Information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which such Personal Information was collected. SOFT & BUTTER reserves the right to use anonymous and de-identified information, including anonymized or otherwise de-identified Personal Information, for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to You and without Your Consent.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
I am Jasmine Swimmer, a proud member of the Taino Arawak First Nation. My mission is to promote sustainability and economic growth between Canada & Africa. I started Soft and Butter to partner with Indigenous farmers and landowners, share their stories, and create economic opportunities while producing quality products.
Soft and Butter was born out of a lack of pure products in the market. My skin flare ups prompted me to return to the traditional indigenous herbs and plants of my ancestral home. By combining plant-based Indigenous ingredients with skincare, I was able to follow in the footsteps of my Maroon West African and Amerindian Taino Arawak First Nations great-grandparents and embark on a journey of discovery and healing.
Our vision is to create amazing natural products that are good for you and the earth.
Our core values are Sustainability, Connection, and Empowerment.
Merging beauty and health through natural products that utilize indigenous healing properties. Respecting ancient Arawak and Maroon cultures by harvesting plants in ceremonies focusing on a sustainable relationship based on reciprocity.
Taking pride in economic prosperity of remote communities and farmers.